Wikikilden:Kontoret

Kontoret
British Museum Reading Room Panorama Feb 2006.jpg
Dette er stedet for spørsmål, forslag eller tanker rundt administreringen av Wikikilden. Gamle diskusjoner finner du i Arkivet
en: This is the community discussion page; see also requests for a bot flag.

Skriv en kommentar


Snarvei:
WK:K


FileExporter beta featureRediger

Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 14. jan. 2019 kl. 10:41 (CET)

No editing for 30 minutes on 17 JanuaryRediger

You will not be able to edit the wikis for up to 30 minutes on 17 January 07:00 UTC. This is because of a database problem that has to be fixed immediately. You can still read the wikis. Some wikis are not affected. They don't get this message. You can see which wikis are not affected on this page. Most wikis are affected. The time you can not edit might be shorter than 30 minutes. /Johan (WMF)

16. jan. 2019 kl. 19:52 (CET)

Talk to us about talkingRediger

Trizek (WMF) 21. feb. 2019 kl. 16:01 (CET)

Forslag om rebranding av Wikimedia-prosjekteneRediger

Hei! Jeg har skrevet et innlegg om et forsag til rebranding av Wikimedia-prosjektene på Torget på Wikipedia – alle er hjertelig velkomne til å komme med innspill og kommentarer, spesielt de som er aktive på søsterprosjekter som Wikikilden. Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) (diskusjon) 25. mar. 2019 kl. 13:31 (CET)

Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 AprilRediger

8. apr. 2019 kl. 12:56 (CEST)

Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback requestRediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

The Wikimedia Foundation has published a Medium-Term Plan proposal covering the next 3–5 years. We want your feedback! Please leave all comments and questions, in any language, on the talk page, by April 20. Takk! Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 12. apr. 2019 kl. 19:35 (CEST)

Update on the consultation about office actionsRediger

Hello all,

Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.

This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.

For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.

Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.

Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 16. aug. 2019 kl. 10:03 (CEST)

New tools and IP maskingRediger

21. aug. 2019 kl. 16:19 (CEST)

The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just startedRediger

-- Kbrown (WMF) 30. sep. 2019 kl. 19:14 (CEST)

Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements projectRediger

16. okt. 2019 kl. 09:15 (CEST)

Community Wishlist 2020Rediger

IFried (WMF) 4. nov. 2019 kl. 20:30 (CET)

Wiki Loves FolkloreRediger

Hello Folks,

Wiki Loves Love is back again in 2020 iteration as Wiki Loves Folklore from 1 February, 2020 - 29 February, 2020. Join us to celebrate the local cultural heritage of your region with the theme of folklore in the international photography contest at Wikimedia Commons. Images, videos and audios representing different forms of folk cultures and new forms of heritage that haven’t otherwise been documented so far are welcome submissions in Wiki Loves Folklore. Learn more about the contest at Meta-Wiki and Commons.

Kind regards,
Wiki Loves Folklore International Team
— Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk)
sent using MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 18. jan. 2020 kl. 07:15 (CET)

Movement Learning and Leadership Development ProjectRediger

Hello

The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.

To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!

-- LMiranda (WMF) (talk) 22. jan. 2020 kl. 20:01 (CET)

Additional interface for edit conflicts on talk pagesRediger

Sorry, for writing this text in English. If you could help to translate it, it would be appreciated.

You might know the new interface for edit conflicts (currently a beta feature). Now, Wikimedia Germany is designing an additional interface to solve edit conflicts on talk pages. This interface is shown to you when you write on a discussion page and another person writes a discussion post in the same line and saves it before you do. With this additional editing conflict interface you can adjust the order of the comments and edit your comment. We are inviting everyone to have a look at the planned feature. Let us know what you think on our central feedback page! -- For the Technical Wishes Team: Max Klemm (WMDE) 26. feb. 2020 kl. 15:15 (CET)

Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement InitiativeRediger

This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.

The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We will be addressing five separate wishes, which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey, and we want you to be a part of the process! The projects include the following:

For the first project, the team will focus on the #1 wish: improve ebook exports. We have created a project page, which includes an analysis of the ebook export process. We now invite everyone to visit the page and share their feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our analysis; we want to hear from all of you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the ebook export improvement talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 28. mai 2020 kl. 12:46 (CEST)

Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement InitiativeRediger

Apologies for the broken links in the previous message. This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.

The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We will be addressing five separate wishes, which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey, and we want you to be a part of the process! The projects include the following:

For the first project, the team will focus on the #1 wish: improve ebook exports. We have created a project page, which includes an analysis of the ebook export process. We now invite everyone to visit the page and share their feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our analysis; we want to hear from all of you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the ebook export improvement talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 28. mai 2020 kl. 12:51 (CEST)

Feedback on movement namesRediger

Hallo. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk if necessary. Takk!

There are a lot of conversations happening about the future of our movement names. We hope that you are part of these discussions and that your community is represented.

Since 16 June, the Foundation Brand Team has been running a survey in 7 languages about 3 naming options. There are also community members sharing concerns about renaming in a Community Open Letter.

Our goal in this call for feedback is to hear from across the community, so we encourage you to participate in the survey, the open letter, or both. The survey will go through 7 July in all timezones. Input from the survey and discussions will be analyzed and published on Meta-Wiki.

Thanks for thinking about the future of the movement, --The Brand Project team, 2. jul. 2020 kl. 21:39 (CEST)

Note: The survey is conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement.

Announcing a new wiki project! Welcome, Abstract WikipediaRediger

Sent by m:User:Elitre (WMF) 9. jul. 2020 kl. 22:13 (CEST) - m:Special:MyLanguage/Abstract Wikipedia/July 2020 announcement

Import av Template:Ellipsis og Module:StringRediger

Hei. Kan noen med tilstrekkelige rettigheter (Kåre-Olav) importere (med /doc undersider):

Fortrinnsvis til de engelske sidenavnene slik at de kan resynkroniseres senere (særlig Module:String får løpende oppdateringer), og så kan vi lage norske alias i omdirigeringssider her (Ellipsis har naturlige alias som {{}}, {{...}}, og {{. . .}}). --Xover (diskusjon) 29. jul. 2020 kl. 08:54 (CEST)

Jeg har kopiert over koden til henholdsvis Modul:String og Mal:Ellipsis. Kåre-Olav (diskusjon) 30. jul. 2020 kl. 23:15 (CEST)
Tusen takk! --Xover (diskusjon) 31. jul. 2020 kl. 15:50 (CEST)

Technical Wishes: FileExporter and FileImporter become default features on all WikisRediger

Max Klemm (WMDE) 6. aug. 2020 kl. 11:14 (CEST)

Feedback requested: Ebook Export Improvement ProjectRediger

Note: This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to announce that the Community Tech team at WMF has posted our August update on the Wikisource Ebook Export Improvement project! This project came out of our 2020 Community Wishlist Survey, and it was the #1 wish voted on by survey participants.

So, what does this mean? In short, we want your feedback! Now that we have posted the August update, we want to know what you think. The update includes findings from our community consultation, results from two separate analyses conducted by the team (on improving WSExport reliability & font rendering support), and proposed next steps. It is our hope that people can read our analysis, share their feedback, and engage in a conversation with us on the talk page. Your feedback will be invaluable, and it will help determine the next steps of the project.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in the consultation so far! It's been a joy to explore how we can improve the ebook export experience. Now, we look forward to reading a new round of feedback on the project talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by User:SGill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 17. aug. 2020 kl. 14:14 (CEST)

Important: maintenance operation on September 1stRediger

Trizek (WMF) (talk) 26. aug. 2020 kl. 15:49 (CEST)

Invitation to participate in the conversationRediger

Wikisource Pagelist Widget: Ready to be enabledRediger

Note: This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce that the Wikisource Pagelist widget is now available to be enabled on all Wikisources. Any interface admin on your wiki can enable it by using the instructions on the following page:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Help:Extension:ProofreadPage/Pagelist_widget

In case, your wiki doesn’t have an interface admin, reach out to us on the ‘Help with enabling the widget on your wiki’ section of the project talk page and we will connect you with a global interface admin:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikisource_Pagelist_Widget#Help_with_enabling_the_widget_on_your_wiki

You will need to hold a local discussion around what would be the labels for different page types in your language for the visual mode. (For example, ToC = ਤਤਕਰਾ in Punjabi, title = শিরোনাম in Bengali)

Feel free to also give us any feedback on the project talk page on Meta-Wiki as well.

Regards

Sohom Datta

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 15. sep. 2020 kl. 07:56 (CEST)

Wikisource Pagelist Widget: Wikisource Meetup (29th September 2020)Rediger

Hello everyone,

We hope you are doing well!

We reached out to you a couple of weeks ago to share that Wikisource Pagelist Widget is now ready to be enabled to Wikisource. Since then, many language Wikisources have enabled the widget but many are yet to do so.

So, we have decided to organize a Wikisource Meetup to give a live demonstration on how to use the widget in both wikitext and visual modes. There will be some time for the participants to share their feedback and experience with the widget. We will also provide support in case some Wikisource communities are seeking help in enabling the widget.

The meetup will take place on 29 September 2020 at 9:30 AM UTC or 3 PM IST. Google Meet link for the meeting is: http://meet.google.com/khu-dfph-qsd

Looking forward to seeing the global Wikisource community connect amid these difficult times when physical meetings have not been taking place.

P.S. If you are planning to attend this meetup and are comfortable in sharing your email address then send us your confirmation in the form of a small email to sgill@wikimedia.org, this will help us in getting a sense of the number of people that are planning to show-up. We are aware that this time-zone is not convenient for everyone and more meetups can be organized in the future.

Regards

Sohom, Sam and Satdeep

Sent by Satdeep using MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 24. sep. 2020 kl. 13:03 (CEST)

Wiki of functions naming contestRediger

29. sep. 2020 kl. 23:13 (CEST)

Call for feedback about Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws changes and Board candidate rubricRediger

Hallo. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk.

Today the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees starts two calls for feedback. One is about changes to the Bylaws mainly to increase the Board size from 10 to 16 members. The other one is about a trustee candidate rubric to introduce new, more effective ways to evaluate new Board candidates. The Board welcomes your comments through 26 October. For more details, check the full announcement.

Takk! Qgil-WMF (talk) 7. okt. 2020 kl. 19:10 (CEST)

Important: maintenance operation on October 27Rediger

-- Trizek (WMF) (talk) 21. okt. 2020 kl. 19:11 (CEST)

Wiki of functions naming contest - Round 2Rediger

5. nov. 2020 kl. 23:11 (CET)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021Rediger

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

20. nov. 2020 kl. 19:11 (CET)

Global bot policy proposal: invitation to a Meta discussionRediger

Wikidata descriptions changes to be included more often in Recent Changes and WatchlistRediger

2020 Coolest Tool Award Ceremony on December 11thRediger

Community Wishlist Survey 2021Rediger

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

11. des. 2020 kl. 16:58 (CET)

Moving Wikimania 2021 to a Virtual EventRediger

Hallo. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk. Takk!

Wikimania will be a virtual event this year, and hosted by a wide group of community members. Whenever the next in-person large gathering is possible again, the ESEAP Core Organizing Team will be in charge of it. Stay tuned for more information about how you can get involved in the planning process and other aspects of the event. Please read the longer version of this announcement on wikimedia-l.

ESEAP Core Organizing Team, Wikimania Steering Committee, Wikimedia Foundation Events Team, 27. jan. 2021 kl. 16:16 (CET)

Project Grant Open CallRediger

This is the announcement for the Project Grants program open call that started on January 11, with the submission deadline of February 10, 2021.
This first open call will be focussed on Community Organizing proposals. A second open call focused on research and software proposals is scheduled from February 15 with a submission deadline of March 16, 2021.

For the Round 1 open call, we invite you to propose grant applications that fall under community development and organizing (offline and online) categories. Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups, and organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, from organizing a better process on your wiki, coordinating a campaign or editathon series to providing other support for community building. We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete a grant proposal:

Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal support upon request. Contact us if you would like feedback or more information.

We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects. Put your idea into motion, and submit your proposal by February 10, 2021!

Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee. Contact us at projectgrantsMal:Atwikimedia.org. Please help us translate this message to your local language. MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 28. jan. 2021 kl. 09:01 (CET)

Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 is back!Rediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

Please support us in translating the project page and a banner message to help us spread the word in your native language.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 6. feb. 2021 kl. 14:25 (CET)

Proposal: Set two-letter project shortcuts as alias to project namespace globallyRediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

Hello everyone,

I apologize for posting in English. I would like to inform everyone that I created a new global request for comment (GRFC) at Meta Wiki, which may affect your project: m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

In this GRFC, I propose that two-project shortcuts for project names will become a default alias for the project namespace. For instance, on all Wikipedias, WP will be an alias to the Wikipedia: namespace (and similar for other projects). Full list is available in the GRFC.

This is already the case for Wikivoyages, and many individual projects asked for this alias to be implemented. I believe this makes it easier to access the materials in the project namespace, as well as creating shortcuts like WP:NPOV, as well as helps new projects to use this feature, without having to figure out how to request site configuration changes first.

As far as I can see, Wikikilden currently does not have such an alias set. This means that such an alias will be set for you, if the GRFC is accepted by the global community.

I would like to ask all community members to participate in the request for comment at Meta-Wiki, see m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions about this proposal.

Best regards,
--Martin Urbanec (talk) 18. feb. 2021 kl. 15:12 (CET)

Wikifunctions logo contestRediger

2. mar. 2021 kl. 02:50 (CET)

Universal Code of Conduct – 2021 consultationsRediger

Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2Rediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a universal baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire Wikimedia movement and all its projects. The project is currently in Phase 2, outlining clear enforcement pathways. You can read more about the whole project on its project page.

Drafting Committee: Call for applicationsRediger

The Wikimedia Foundation is recruiting volunteers to join a committee to draft how to make the code enforceable. Volunteers on the committee will commit between 2 and 6 hours per week from late April through July and again in October and November. It is important that the committee be diverse and inclusive, and have a range of experiences, including both experienced users and newcomers, and those who have received or responded to, as well as those who have been falsely accused of harassment.

To apply and learn more about the process, see Universal Code of Conduct/Drafting committee.

2021 community consultations: Notice and call for volunteers / translatorsRediger

From 5 April – 5 May 2021 there will be conversations on many Wikimedia projects about how to enforce the UCoC. We are looking for volunteers to translate key material, as well as to help host consultations on their own languages or projects using suggested key questions. If you are interested in volunteering for either of these roles, please contact us in whatever language you are most comfortable.

To learn more about this work and other conversations taking place, see Universal Code of Conduct/2021 consultations.

-- Xeno (WMF) (talk) 6. apr. 2021 kl. 00:19 (CEST)

Global bot policy changesRediger

Line numbering coming soon to all wikisRediger

-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 12. apr. 2021 kl. 17:09 (CEST)

Suggested ValuesRediger

Timur Vorkul (WMDE) 22. apr. 2021 kl. 16:08 (CEST)

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 1Rediger

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 1, June 2021Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the first issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code, and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

Please note, this is the first issue of UCoC Newsletter which is delivered to all subscribers and projects as an announcement of the initiative. If you want the future issues delivered to your talk page, village pumps, or any specific pages you find appropriate, you need to subscribe here.

You can help us by translating the newsletter issues in your languages to spread the news and create awareness of the new conduct to keep our beloved community safe for all of us. Please add your name here if you want to be informed of the draft issue to translate beforehand. Your participation is valued and appreciated.

  • Affiliate consultations – Wikimedia affiliates of all sizes and types were invited to participate in the UCoC affiliate consultation throughout March and April 2021. (continue reading)
  • 2021 key consultations – The Wikimedia Foundation held enforcement key questions consultations in April and May 2021 to request input about UCoC enforcement from the broader Wikimedia community. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable discussions – The UCoC facilitation team hosted two 90-minute-long public roundtable discussions in May 2021 to discuss UCoC key enforcement questions. More conversations are scheduled. (continue reading)
  • Phase 2 drafting committee – The drafting committee for the phase 2 of the UCoC started their work on 12 May 2021. Read more about their work. (continue reading)
  • Diff blogs – The UCoC facilitators wrote several blog posts based on interesting findings and insights from each community during local project consultation that took place in the 1st quarter of 2021. (continue reading)

--MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 12. jun. 2021 kl. 01:06 (CEST)

Wikimania 2021: Individual Program SubmissionsRediger

Dear all,

Wikimania 2021 will be hosted virtually for the first time in the event's 15-year history. Since there is no in-person host, the event is being organized by a diverse group of Wikimedia volunteers that form the Core Organizing Team (COT) for Wikimania 2021.

Event Program - Individuals or a group of individuals can submit their session proposals to be a part of the program. There will be translation support for sessions provided in a number of languages. See more information here.

Below are some links to guide you through;

Please note that the deadline for submission is 18th June 2021.

Announcements- To keep up to date with the developments around Wikimania, the COT sends out weekly updates. You can view them in the Announcement section here.

Office Hour - If you are left with questions, the COT will be hosting some office hours (in multiple languages), in multiple time-zones, to answer any programming questions that you might have. Details can be found here.

Best regards,

MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 16. jun. 2021 kl. 06:19 (CEST)

On behalf of Wikimania 2021 Core Organizing Team

Editing news 2021 #2Rediger

24. jun. 2021 kl. 16:15 (CEST)

Server switchRediger

SGrabarczuk (WMF) 27. jun. 2021 kl. 03:19 (CEST)

Wikisource Satisfaction Survey 2021Rediger

  Hallo!

Apologies for writing in English. Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

In the past year, there has been a lot of changes to Wikisource features and tools. This was done by the Community Tech team at the Wikimedia Foundation, grantees funded by the Foundation or through projects like Google Summer of Code. We would like to understand what you feel about the changes. Tell us what you think about such tools as the Wikisource Pagelist Widget or the new Ebook Export tool.

Take the survey in English, French, Spanish, Polish, Hindi or Punjabi. The deadline is 25th July 2021.

This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement (English, Spanish, French, Polish, Hindi and Punjabi).

If you prefer to send your answers via email, copy the text of the survey and send to sgill@wikimedia.org.

If you have any questions or feedback about the survey, write to me at sgill@wikimedia.org.

Takk! SGill (WMF) 17. jul. 2021 kl. 00:30 (CEST)

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines reviewRediger

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned for 17 August 2021 through 17 October 2021.

These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. The committee will revise the guidelines based upon community input.

Comments can be shared in any language on the draft review talk page and multiple other venues. Community members are encouraged to organize conversations in their communities.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Wikimania 2021 session (recorded 16 August)
Conversation hours - 24 August, 31 August, 7 September @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
Roundtable calls - 18 September @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC

Summaries of discussions will be posted every two weeks here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Xeno (WMF) 18. aug. 2021 kl. 00:46 (CEST)

Update on the OCR ImprovementsRediger

Hello! Sorry for writing in English. Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk.

The OCR Improvements are complete. We, the Community Tech team, are grateful for your feedback from the beginning to the last stage when we were finalizing the interface.

Engine improvementsRediger

Reliability

Prior to our work, the OCR tools were separate gadgets. We have added "Wikimedia OCR." It is available under one icon inside the toolbar on all Wikisource wikis. This tool supports two other OCR tools, Tesseract and Google OCR. We expect these tools to be more stable. We will maintain Wikimedia OCR.

The gadgets will remain available. The communities will have sovereignty over when to enable or disable these.

Speed

Prior to this work, transcription would take upwards of 40 seconds. Our improvements average a transcription time under 4 seconds.

Advanced Tools improvementsRediger

Multiple-language support

Documents with multiple languages can be transcribed in a new way.

  1. Open the Avanserte alternativer
  2. Select the Languages (optional) field
  3. Search for and enter the languages in order of prevalence in the document.
Cropping tool / Multi-column support

We have included a Cropper tool. It allows to select regions to transcribe on pages with complicated layouts.

Discoverability and accessibility of OCR

We have added an interface for new users. It is pulsating blue dots over the new icon in the toolbar. The new interface explains what OCR means and what transcription means in Wikisource.

We believe that you will do even more great things because of these changes. We also hope to see you at the 2022 Community Wishlist Survey. Thanks you again for all your opinions and support.

Please share your opinions on the project talk page!

NRodriguez (WMF) and SGrabarczuk (WMF) 19. aug. 2021 kl. 03:57 (CEST)

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election has come to an endRediger

Thank you for participating in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed August 31 at 23:59. The official data, including the four most voted candidates, will be announced as soon as the Elections Committee completes their review of the ballots. The official announcement of the new trustees appointed will happen later, once the selected candidates have been confirmed by the Board.

6,946 community members from 216 wiki projects have voted. This makes 10.2% global participation, 1.1% higher than in the last Board elections. In 2017, 5167 people from 202 wiki projects cast their vote. A full analysis is planned to be published in a few days when the confirmed results are announced. In the meantime, you can check the data produced during the election.

Diversity was an important goal with these elections. Messages about the Board election were translated into 61 languages. This outreach worked well. There were 70 communities with eligible voters voting in this election for the first time. With your help, next year’s Board of Trustees election will be even better.

1. sep. 2021 kl. 22:50 (CEST)

The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in JanuaryRediger

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 7. sep. 2021 kl. 02:23 (CEST)

Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee ending 14 September 2021Rediger

Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee. The Call opens August 2, 2021 and closes September 14, 2021.

The Committee is expected to represent diversity in the Movement. Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia Foundation.

English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed, translation and interpretation support is provided. Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is US$100 every two months.

We are looking for people who have some of the following skills:

  • Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
  • Are ready to find compromises.
  • Focus on inclusion and diversity.
  • Have knowledge of community consultations.
  • Have intercultural communication experience.
  • Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or communities.
  • Have experience negotiating with different parties.

The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election takes place.

Will you help move Wikimedia forward in this important role? Submit your candidacy here. Please contact strategy2030 wikimedia.org with questions.

Xeno (WMF) 10. sep. 2021 kl. 18:50 (CEST)

Server switchRediger

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (diskusjon) 11. sep. 2021 kl. 02:46 (CEST)

Talk to the Community TechRediger

 

Read this message in another languageHjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

Hello!

As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.

Agenda

Format

The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.

We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

Natalia Rodriguez (the Community Tech manager) will be hosting this meeting.

Invitation link

See you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (diskusjon) 11. sep. 2021 kl. 05:04 (CEST)

Voting for the election for the members for the Movement Charter drafting committee is now openRediger

Voting for the election for the members for the Movement Charter drafting committee is now open. In total, 70 Wikimedians from around the world are running for 7 seats in these elections.

Voting is open from October 12 to October 24, 2021.

The committee will consist of 15 members in total: The online communities vote for 7 members, 6 members will be selected by the Wikimedia affiliates through a parallel process, and 2 members will be appointed by the Wikimedia Foundation. The plan is to assemble the committee by November 1, 2021.

Learn about each candidate to inform your vote in the language that you prefer: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Candidates>

Learn about the Drafting Committee: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee>

We are piloting a voting advice application for this election. Click yourself through the tool and you will see which candidate is closest to you! Check at <https://mcdc-election-compass.toolforge.org/>

Read the full announcement: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>

Go vote at SecurePoll on: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>

Best,

Movement Strategy & Governance Team, Wikimedia Foundation

Xeno (WMF) 14. okt. 2021 kl. 02:53 (CEST)

Learn how Movement Strategy Implementation Grants can support your Movement Strategy plansRediger

Movement Strategy Implementation grants now provide more than $2,000 USD to put Movement Strategy plans into action. Find out more about Movement Strategy Implementation grants, the criteria, and how to apply.

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) (talk) 13:30, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

Meet the new Movement Charter Drafting Committee membersRediger

The Movement Charter Drafting Committee election and selection processes are complete.

The committee will convene soon to start its work. The committee can appoint up to three more members to bridge diversity and expertise gaps.

If you are interested in engaging with Movement Charter drafting process, follow the updates on Meta and join the Telegram group.

With thanks from the Movement Strategy and Governance team

5. nov. 2021 kl. 16:53 (CET)

Celebrating 18 years of WikisourceRediger

Hello Wikisource enthusiasts and friends of Wikisource,

I hope you are doing alright! I would like to invite you to celebrate 18 years of Wikisource.

The first birthday party is being organized on 24 November 2021 from 1:30 - 3:00 PM UTC (check your local time) where the incoming CEO of the WMF, Maryana Iskendar, will be joining us. Feel free to drop me a message on my talk page, telegram (@satdeep) or via email (sgillMal:@wikimedia.org) to add your email address to the calendar invite.

Maryana is hoping to learn more about the Wikisource community and the project at this event and it would be really nice if you can share your answers to the following questions:

  • What motivates you to contribute to Wikisource?
  • What makes the Wikisource community special?
  • What are the major challenges facing the movement going forward?
  • What are your questions to Maryana?

You can share your responses during the live event but in case the date and the time doesn't work for you, you can share your responses on the event page on Wikisource or in case you would like to remain anonymous, you can share your responses directly with me.

Also, feel free to reach out to me in case you would like to give a short presentation about your and your community's work at the beginning of the session.

We are running a poll to find the best date and time to organize the second birthday party on the weekend right after 24th November. Please share your availability on the following link by next Friday:

https://framadate.org/zHOi5pZvhgDy6SXn

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 12. nov. 2021 kl. 10:10 (CET)

on behalf of User:SGill (WMF)

Utdatert javascript i MediaWiki:Common.jsRediger

(ping Kåre-Olav som eneste aktive administrator)

linje 151 av MediaWiki:Common.js gjøres det et forsøk på å bruke den globale variabelen skin. Denne ble tidligere satt av MediaWiki (på samme måte som f.eks. wgAction), men dette ble fjernet i April i år (se T72470 for detaljer). Etter denne endringen vil denne koden derfor gi feilmeldinger i JavaScript konsollen til alle brukere på hver eneste sidelasting. Den nye måten å få tilgang til denne informasjonen på er med mw.config.get('skin').

Samtidig, den aktuelle koden sjekker om aktivt skin er "simple" eller "nostalgia" og ingen av disse har vært tilgjengelig på WMF wikier på mange år, så scriptet MediaWiki:CustomEditButtons.js som denne koden henviser til vil uansett aldri bli lastet. Det er kanskje derfor like greit å bare fjerne hele blokken? (Jeg ser forresten også at Common.js inneholder mye som er lagt til med årene, men aldri blitt fjernet når MediaWiki er blitt endret, så det hadde sikkert ikke vært dumt med en skikkelig ryddesjau der. På enWS der jeg vanligvis holder hus har vi nå nesten fått tømt Common.js og Common.css helt.)

Men så vidt jeg kan se har vi ingen Interface administrators på noWS for tiden (eller noen `crats som kan tildele rettigheten ad hoc), så da er jeg usikker på hvordan vi får fikset dette? Be om hjelp fra Global Interface Admin gruppen? Åssen har dere pleid å håndtere slike ting? Xover (diskusjon) 29. nov. 2021 kl. 17:49 (CET)

Jeg har ikke tillatelse til å redigere dette scriptet, og vet ikke hvordan man får endret det. Kanskje Jon Harald Søby vet hvordan det fungerer? Kåre-Olav (diskusjon) 30. nov. 2021 kl. 19:07 (CET)
@Kåre-Olav: Rettighetene til å redigere javascript (.js) og stilark (.css) i MediaWiki-navnerommet ble skilt ut i en egen rettighet (Interface Administrator) for noen år tilbake (2018?). Før det kunne alle som var Administrator redigere disse, men nå er det en egen rettighet. Den tildeles på samme måte som vanlig admin rettighet: det aktuelle prosjektet bruker sine vanlige beslutningsprosesser til å lage en prosess for tildeling (enten en avstemming slik som de gjør det på enwp, eller tildelt ad hoc slik som enWS gjør det, eller…). Det er ingen direkte sammenheng mellom Administrator-rettigheter og Interface Administrator-rettighet, men de fleste prosjekter pleier i praksis å kreve at kun de som allerede er Administrator får tildelt Interface Administrator-rettigheter.
Siden nows ikke har noen lokale byråkrater (rollen som rent teknisk kan tildele slike rettigheter) så må slike rettighetsendringer forespørres hos Stewards (aner ikke hva denne rollen heter på norsk) på meta, på m:SRP, når en lokal diskusjon viser dem at det finnes konsensus for tildelingen. Du kan i samme forum be om at en konkret handling utføres (slik som å redigere MediaWiki:Common.js) og så vil noen med "Global Interface Admin"-rettighet gjøre det etterhvert. Det funker fint (de er veldig hjelpsomme), men det er jo ganske tungvindt så…
Under omstendighetene vil jeg si at dette er en rettighet du så definitivt bør ha slik at det finnes noen på prosjektet som kan gjøre nødvendige endringer (siden det er du som har gjort de fleste endringene i disse filene fra før tar jeg det for gitt at du har den nødvendige tekniske innsikt til å være komfortabel med å gjøre slike endringer). Det virker for dumt at når det er du som har bygget opp alle disse filene før rettigheten ble skillet ut, og uansett gjør alt annet admin-arbeid på prosjektet, så skal du måtte be noen på meta om å gjøre slike ting "med påholden hånd".
PS. Jeg melder meg forøvrig gjerne frivillig til dette (jeg er både admin og interface admin på enWS, og relativt teknisk anlagt, så jeg er godt kjent med verktøyene); men Interface Admin er om mulig enda mer vidrekkende rettigheter enn vanlig admin tilgang og jeg er både relativt sett fersk på noWS og er aktiv her bare i perioder, så jeg går i utgangspunktet ut fra at det ikke er ønskelig. Men hvis det er behov så hjelper jeg gjerne så bare si i fra. Xover (diskusjon) 30. nov. 2021 kl. 21:54 (CET)
2018 var det, ja. Wikikilden:Kontoret#New user group for editing sitewide CSS / JS (og meldingen under). Men direkte ufint av dem å legge denne endringen til midt i fellesferien. :) Xover (diskusjon) 30. nov. 2021 kl. 22:03 (CET)

Problemer med autogenererte headereRediger

Hvis noen har lagt merke til at lenkene til forrige og neste side på hovedsiden i verker som er transkludert til hovednavnerommet med automatisk header er feil (lenke til en "forrige" side som ikke skal være der og peker på den siste siden i innholdsfortegnelsen, men ingen lenke til første side i innholdsfortegnelsen), så skyldes dette feil i forbindelse med endringene i T285610. Jeg vil gjette at en fiks for dette vil kunne være klar i løpet av denne uken, men det er bare mitt høyst personlige gjettverk så det må tas med noen klyper salt.

Lenker i automatisk genererte headere på undersider skal, så vidt jeg kan se, være upåvirket av denne feilen. Xover (diskusjon) 30. nov. 2021 kl. 12:24 (CET)

Upcoming Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees electionsRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Board of Trustees is preparing a call for feedback about the upcoming Board Elections, from January 7 - February 10, 2022.

While details will be finalized the week before the call, we have confirmed at least two questions that will be asked during this call for feedback:

  • What is the best way to ensure fair representation of emerging communities among the Board?
  • What involvement should candidates have during the election?

While additional questions may be added, the Movement Strategy and Governance team wants to provide time for community members and affiliates to consider and prepare ideas on the confirmed questions before the call opens. We apologize for not having a complete list of questions at this time. The list of questions should only grow by one or two questions. The intention is to not overwhelm the community with requests, but provide notice and welcome feedback on these important questions.

Do you want to help organize local conversation during this Call?

Contact the Movement Strategy and Governance team on Meta, on Telegram, or via email at msg wikimedia.org.

Reach out if you have any questions or concerns. The Movement Strategy and Governance team will be minimally staffed until January 3. Please excuse any delayed response during this time. We also recognize some community members and affiliates are offline during the December holidays. We apologize if our message has reached you while you are on holiday.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Takk. Xeno (WMF) 27. des. 2021 kl. 18:33 (CET)

Wiki Loves Folklore is back!Rediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

You can also organize a local contest in your country and support us in translating the project pages to help us spread the word in your native language.

Feel free to contact us on our project Talk page if you need any assistance.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 9. jan. 2022 kl. 14:15 (CET)

Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections is now openRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now open and will close on 7 February 2022.

With this Call for Feedback, the Movement Strategy and Governance team is taking a different approach. This approach incorporates community feedback from 2021. Instead of leading with proposals, the Call is framed around key questions from the Board of Trustees. The key questions came from the feedback about the 2021 Board of Trustees election. The intention is to inspire collective conversation and collaborative proposal development about these key questions.

Join the conversation.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Xeno (WMF) 15. jan. 2022 kl. 01:30 (CET)

Subscribe to the This Month in Education newsletter - learn from others and share your storiesRediger

Dear community members,

Greetings from the EWOC Newsletter team and the education team at Wikimedia Foundation. We are very excited to share that we on tenth years of Education Newsletter (This Month in Education) invite you to join us by subscribing to the newsletter on your talk page or by sharing your activities in the upcoming newsletters. The Wikimedia Education newsletter is a monthly newsletter that collects articles written by community members using Wikimedia projects in education around the world, and it is published by the EWOC Newsletter team in collaboration with the Education team. These stories can bring you new ideas to try, valuable insights about the success and challenges of our community members in running education programs in their context.

If your affiliate/language project is developing its own education initiatives, please remember to take advantage of this newsletter to publish your stories with the wider movement that shares your passion for education. You can submit newsletter articles in your own language or submit bilingual articles for the education newsletter. For the month of January the deadline to submit articles is on the 20th January. We look forward to reading your stories.

Older versions of this newsletter can be found in the complete archive.

More information about the newsletter can be found at Education/Newsletter/About.

For more information, please contact spatnaikMal:@wikimedia.org.


About This Month in Education · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · For the team: ZI Jony (Talk), mandag 21:46, 15 august 2022 (UTC)

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 5Rediger

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 5, January 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the fifth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News (formerly known as Universal Code of Conduct News)! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly or bi-weekly to subscribers. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive these updates.

  • Call for Feedback about the Board elections - We invite you to give your feedback on the upcoming WMF Board of Trustees election. This call for feedback went live on 10th January 2022 and will be concluded on 16th February 2022. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification - In 2021, the WMF asked communities about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct policy text. The revised draft of the enforcement guidelines should be ready for community vote in March. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Implementation Grants - As we continue to review several interesting proposals, we encourage and welcome more proposals and ideas that target a specific initiative from the Movement Strategy recommendations. (continue reading)
  • The New Direction for the Newsletter - As the UCoC Newsletter transitions into MSG Newsletter, join the facilitation team in envisioning and deciding on the new directions for this newsletter. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about MSG on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

Xeno (WMF) 29. jan. 2022 kl. 04:12 (CET)

Updates on the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines ReviewRediger

Hello, I have an update on the vote on the enforcement guidelines that was mentioned above. Xeno (WMF) (diskusjon) 4. feb. 2022 kl. 03:52 (CET)


You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement Guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the Universal Code of Conduct across the movement. Comments about the guidelines can be shared here or the Meta-wiki talk page.

There will be conversations on Zoom on 4 February 2022 at 15:00 UTC, 25 February 2022 at 12:00 UTC, and 4 March 2022 at 15:00 UTC. Join the UCoC project team and drafting committee members to discuss the guidelines and voting process.

The timeline is available on Meta-wiki. The voting period is March 7 to 21. See the voting information page for more details.

Thank you to everyone who has participated so far.

Sincerely,

Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation

Leadership Development Task Force: Your feedback is appreciatedRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Task Force. The purpose of the task force is to advise leadership development work.

The team is looking for feedback about the responsibilities of the Leadership Development Task Force. This Meta page shares the proposal for a Leadership Development Task Force and how you can help. Feedback on the proposal will be collected from 7 to 25 February 2022.

Xeno (WMF) 9. feb. 2022 kl. 03:20 (CET)

Wiki Loves Folklore is extended till 15th MarchRediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

Greetings from Wiki Loves Folklore International Team,

We are pleased to inform you that Wiki Loves Folklore an international photographic contest on Wikimedia Commons has been extended till the 15th of March 2022. The scope of the contest is focused on folk culture of different regions on categories, such as, but not limited to, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, etc.

We would like to have your immense participation in the photographic contest to document your local Folk culture on Wikipedia. You can also help with the translation of project pages and share a word in your local language.

Best wishes,

International Team
Wiki Loves Folklore

MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 22. feb. 2022 kl. 05:50 (CET)

Coming soonRediger

- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 28. feb. 2022 kl. 13:38 (CET)

Remember to Participate in the UCoC Conversations and Ratification Vote!Rediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

A vote in SecurePoll from 7 to 21 March 2022 is scheduled as part of the ratification process for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement guidelines. Eligible voters are invited to answer a poll question and share comments. Read voter information and eligibility details. During the poll, voters will be asked if they support the enforcement of the Universal Code of Conduct based on the proposed guidelines.

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire movement. The revised enforcement guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the policy across the movement. A Wikimedia Foundation Board statement calls for a ratification process where eligible voters will have an opportunity to support or oppose the adoption of the UCoC Enforcement guidelines in a vote. Wikimedians are invited to translate and share important information. For more information about the UCoC, please see the project page and frequently asked questions on Meta-wiki.

There are events scheduled to learn more and discuss:

  • A community panel recorded on 18 February 2022 shares perspectives from small- and medium-sized community participants.
  • The Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team is hosting Conversation Hours on 4 March 2022 at 15:00 UTC. Please sign-up to interact with the project team and the drafting committee about the updated enforcement guidelines and the ratification process. See the Conversation Hour summaries for notes from 4 February 2022 and 25 February 2022.

You can comment on Meta-wiki talk pages in any language. You may also contact either team by email: msg wikimedia.org or ucocproject wikimedia.org

Sincerely,

Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation

Xeno (WMF) 2. mar. 2022 kl. 03:17 (CET)

Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement guidelines ratification voting open from 7 to 21 March 2022Rediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

The ratification voting process for the revised enforcement guidelines of the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) is now open! Voting commenced on SecurePoll on 7 March 2022 and will conclude on 21 March 2022. Please read more on the voter information and eligibility details.

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire movement. The revised enforcement guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the policy across the movement. You can read more about the UCoC project.

You can also comment on Meta-wiki talk pages in any language. You may also contact the team by email: ucocproject wikimedia.org

Sincerely,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Wikimedia Foundation

Xeno (WMF) 8. mar. 2022 kl. 01:52 (CET)

Invitation to Hubs event: Global Conversation on 2022-03-12 at 13:00 UTCRediger

Hello!

The Movement Strategy and Governance team of the Wikimedia Foundation would like to invite you to the next event about "Regional and Thematic Hubs". The Wikimedia Movement is in the process of understanding what Regional and Thematic Hubs should be. Our workshop in November was a good start (read the report), but we're not finished yet.

Over the last weeks we conducted about 16 interviews with groups working on establishing a Hub in their context (see Hubs Dialogue). These interviews informed a report that will serve as a foundation for discussion on March 12. The report is planned to be published on March 9.

The event will take place on March 12, 13:00 to 16:00 UTC on Zoom. Interpretation will be provided in French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, and Portuguese. Registration is open, and will close on March 10. Anyone interested in the topic is invited to join us. More information on the event on Meta-wiki.

Best regards,

Kaarel Vaidla
Movement Strategy

10. mar. 2022 kl. 02:31 (CET)

Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends tomorrowRediger

International photographic contest Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends on 15th March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. This is the last chance of the year to upload images about local folk culture, festival, cuisine, costume, folklore etc on Wikimedia Commons. Watch out our social media handles for regular updates and declaration of Winners.

(Facebook , Twitter , Instagram)

The writing competition Feminism and Folklore will run till 31st of March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. Write about your local folk tradition, women, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, folk games, folk cuisine, folk wear, folklore, and tradition, including ballads, folktales, fairy tales, legends, traditional song and dance, folk plays, games, seasonal events, calendar customs, folk arts, folk religion, mythology etc. on your local Wikipedia. Check if your local Wikipedia is participating

A special competition called Wiki Loves Falles is organised in Spain and the world during 15th March 2022 till 15th April 2022 to document local folk culture and Falles in Valencia, Spain. Learn more about it on Catalan Wikipedia project page.

We look forward for your immense co-operation.

Thanks Wiki Loves Folklore international Team MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 14. mar. 2022 kl. 15:41 (CET)

Invitation to join the first Wikisource Triage meeting on 21st March 2022Rediger

Hello everyone,

Sam Wilson and I are excited to share that we will be hosting regular Wikisource Triage meetings, starting from 21st March 2022.

These meetings aim to foster the growth of a technical community of Wikisource developers and contributors. The meetings will be primarily focused on identifying, prioritizing and estimating tasks on the All-and-every-Wikisource and ProofreadPage workboards (among others) on Phabricator and eventually reduce the backlog of technical tasks and bugs related to Wikisource by making incremental improvements to Wikisource infrastructure and coordinating these changes with the Wikisource communities.

While these meetings are technology focused, non-technical Wikisource contributors are also invited to join and share any technical challenges that they are facing and we will help them to create phabricator tickets. Newbie developers are also more than welcome!

The first meeting has been scheduled for 21st March 2022 at 10:30 AM UTC / 4:00 PM IST (Check your local time). If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

On behalf of Sam Wilson and Satdeep Gill

Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 15. mar. 2022 kl. 16:52 (CET)

Leadership Development Working Group: Apply to join! (14 March to 10 April 2022)Rediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the feedback period for the Leadership Development Working Group initiative. A summary of the feedback can be found on Meta-wiki. This feedback will be shared with the working group to inform their work. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and will close on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.

Thank you,

From the Community Development team

Xeno (WMF) 18. mar. 2022 kl. 03:20 (CET)

Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement guidelines ratification voting is now closedRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Greetings,

The ratification voting process for the revised enforcement guidelines of the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) came to a close on 21 March 2022. Over 2300 Wikimedians voted across different regions of our movement. Thank you to everyone who participated in this process! The scrutinizing group is now reviewing the vote for accuracy, so please allow up to two weeks for them to finish their work.

The final results from the voting process will be announced here, along with the relevant statistics and a summary of comments as soon as they are available. Please check out the voter information page to learn about the next steps. You can comment on the project talk page on Meta-wiki in any language. You may also contact the UCoC project team by email: ucocproject wikimedia.org

Best regards,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Xeno (WMF) 30. mar. 2022 kl. 03:53 (CEST)

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 6Rediger

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 6, April 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the sixth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board of trustees elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while the more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive future issues of this newsletter.

  • Leadership Development - A Working Group is Forming! - The application to join the Leadership Development Working Group closed on April 10th, 2022, and up to 12 community members will be selected to participate in the working group. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification Results are out! - The global decision process on the enforcement of the UCoC via SecurePoll was held from 7 to 21 March. Over 2,300 eligible voters from at least 128 different home projects submitted their opinions and comments. (continue reading)
  • Movement Discussions on Hubs - The Global Conversation event on Regional and Thematic Hubs was held on Saturday, March 12, and was attended by 84 diverse Wikimedians from across the movement. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Grants Remain Open! - Since the start of the year, six proposals with a total value of about $80,000 USD have been approved. Do you have a movement strategy project idea? Reach out to us! (continue reading)
  • The Movement Charter Drafting Committee is All Set! - The Committee of fifteen members which was elected in October 2021, has agreed on the essential values and methods for its work, and has started to create the outline of the Movement Charter draft. (continue reading)
  • Introducing Movement Strategy Weekly - Contribute and Subscribe! - The MSG team have just launched the updates portal, which is connected to the various Movement Strategy pages on Meta-wiki. Subscriber to get up-to-date news about the various ongoing projects. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about Movement Strategy on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

Also, a draft of the 2022-23 Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan has been published. Input is being sought on-wiki and during several conversations with Wikimedia Foundation CEO Maryana Iskander.

See full announcement on Meta-wiki. Xeno (WMF) 22. apr. 2022 kl. 03:46 (CEST)

Coming soon: Improvements for templatesRediger

-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 29. apr. 2022 kl. 13:14 (CEST)

Editing news 2022 #1Rediger

Read this in another languageSubscription list for this multilingual newsletter

 
New editors were more successful with this new tool.

The New topic tool helps editors create new ==Sections== on discussion pages. New editors are more successful with this new tool. You can read the report. Soon, the Editing team will offer this to all editors at the 20 Wikipedias that participated in the test. You will be able to turn it off at Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing-discussion.

Whatamidoing (WMF) 2. mai 2022 kl. 20:56 (CEST)

2022 Board of Trustees Call for CandidatesRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Board of Trustees seeks candidates for the 2022 Board of Trustees election. Read more on Meta-wiki.

The 2022 Board of Trustees election is here! Please consider submitting your candidacy to serve on the Board of Trustees.

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia Foundation's operations. Community-and-affiliate selected trustees and Board-appointed trustees make up the Board of Trustees. Each trustee serves a three year term. The Wikimedia community has the opportunity to vote for community-and-affiliate selected trustees.

The Wikimedia community will vote to fill two seats on the Board in 2022. This is an opportunity to improve the representation, diversity, and expertise of the Board as a team.

Who are potential candidates? Are you a potential candidate? Find out more on the Apply to be a Candidate page.

Thank you for your support,

Movement Strategy and Governance on behalf of the Elections Committee and the Board of Trustees
10. mai 2022 kl. 12:39 (CEST)

Wikistipend og fordeling av tilgang til Retriever fra Wikimedia NorgeRediger

Hei, alle sammen! Vil gjerne minne om at 20. mai er fristen for å søke om wikistipend fra Wikimedia Norge. Man kan søke om opptil 8000, og hva man kan søke om penger til er veldig åpent, så lenge det gavner Wikimedia-prosjektene på en eller annen måte. Eksempler på wikistipend som har blitt delt ut tidligere er reisestipend for å delta på Wikimedia-konferanser, reisestipend til å delta på kulturarrangementer eller andre arrangementer for å ta bilder, stipend for å gå til innkjøp av bøker eller annet materiale som kan brukes som kilder til Wikipedia-artikler, eller stipender for å holde arrangementer med wikifokus (men det er selvsagt ikke begrensa til bare disse tingene – fantasien (og utdelingskomiteen) setter grensene). Så løp og søk!

To ganger i året deler vi også ut gratis tilganger til mediearkivet Retriever til de som melder seg på. Vi har seks slike tilganger som kan deles ut, og vi prioriterer selvsagt de som vil bruke en slik tilgang til å berike Wikipedia eller andre Wikimedia-prosjekter, og de som ikke har hatt slik tilgang tidligere stiller først i køen (men det er selvsagt ikke noe i veien for å skrive seg på om man har hatt tilgang tidligere). Hvis du er interessert så skriv deg på lista på Wikipedia:Biblioteket/Lukkede kilder. Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) (diskusjon) 13. mai 2022 kl. 10:11 (CEST)

Poll regarding Third Wikisource Triage meetingRediger

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing the third Wikisource Triage meeting in the last week of May and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the wudele link below by 20th May 2022:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/ctQEP3He1XCNullZ

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 14. mai 2022 kl. 05:38 (CEST)

Invitation to join the third Wikisource Triage meeting (28th May 2022)Rediger

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!


We are the hosting the Wikisource Triage meeting on 28th May 2022 at 11 AM UTC / 4:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll. We will be welcoming some developers who contributed to Wikisource related tasks during the recently concluded Indic Hackathon.

As always, you don't have to be a developer to participate in these meetings but the focus of these meetings is to improve the Wikisource infrastructure.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 23. mai 2022 kl. 05:39 (CEST)

Revisions to the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement GuidelinesRediger

Hello all,

We'd like to provide an update on the work on the Enforcement Guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct. After the conclusion of the community vote on the guidelines in March, the Community Affairs committee (CAC) of the Board asked that several areas of the guidelines be reviewed for improvements before the Board does its final review. These areas were identified based on community discussions and comments provided during the vote. The CAC also requested review of the controversial Note in 3.1 of the UCoC itself.

Once more, a big thank you to all who voted, especially to all who left constructive feedback and comments! The project team is working with the Board to establish a timeline for this work, and will communicate this next month.

Members of the two prior UCoC Drafting Committees have generously offered their time to help shape improvements to the Guidelines. You can read more about them and their work here, as well as read summaries of their weekly meetings in 2022.

Wikimedians have provided many valuable comments together with the vote and in other conversations. Given the size and diversity of the Wikimedia community, there are even more voices out there who can give ideas on how to improve the enforcement guidelines and add even more valuable ideas to the process. To help the Revisions committee identify improvements, input on several questions for the committee’s review is requested. Visit the Meta-wiki pages (Enforcement Guidelines revision discussions, Policy text revision discussions) to get your ideas to the Committee - it is very important that viewpoints are heard from different communities before the Committee begins drafting revision proposals.

On behalf of the UCoC project team

Xeno (WMF) 4. jun. 2022 kl. 00:57 (CEST)

Poll regarding Fourth Wikisource Triage meetingRediger

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing the fourth Wikisource Triage meeting in the last week of June and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the wudele link below by 20th June 2022:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/wstriage4

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 14. jun. 2022 kl. 15:22 (CEST)

Invitation to join the fourth Wikisource Triage meeting (29th June 2022)Rediger

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting the fourth Wikisource Triage meeting on 29th June 2022 at 10:00 AM UTC / 3:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll.

There is some exciting news about a few technical projects related to Wikisource that are getting started right now and we will be sharing more information during the meeting.

As always, you don't have to be a developer to participate in these meetings but the focus of these meetings is to improve the Wikisource infrastructure.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 23. jun. 2022 kl. 09:39 (CEST)

Desktop Improvements updateRediger

Making this the new default

Hello. I wanted to give you an update about the Desktop Improvements project, which the Wikimedia Foundation Web team has been working on for the past few years. Our work is almost finished! 🎉

We would love to see these improvements become the default for readers and editors across all wikis. In the coming weeks, we will begin conversations on more wikis, including yours. 🗓️ We will gladly read your suggestions!

The goals of the project are to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. The project consists of a series of feature improvements which make it easier to read and learn, navigate within the page, search, switch between languages, use article tabs and the user menu, and more. The improvements are already visible by default for readers and editors on more than 30 wikis, including Wikipedias in French, Portuguese, and Persian.

The changes apply to the Vector skin only, although it will always be possible to revert to the previous version on an individual basis. Monobook or Timeless users will not notice any changes.

The newest features
  • Table of contents - our version is easier to reach, gain context of the page, and navigate throughout the page without needing to scroll. It is currently tested across our pilot wikis. It is also available for editors who have opted into the Vector 2022 skin.
  • Page tools - now, there are two types of links in the sidebar. There are actions and tools for individual pages (like Related changes) and links of the wiki-wide nature (like Recent changes). We are going to separate these into two intuitive menus.
How to enable/disable the improvements
  • It is possible to opt-in individually in the appearance tab within the preferences by selecting "Vector (2022)". Also, it is possible to opt-in on all wikis using the global preferences.
  • On wikis where the changes are visible by default for all, logged-in users can always opt-out to the Legacy Vector. There is an easily accessible link in the sidebar of the new Vector.
Learn more and join our events

If you would like to follow the progress of our project, you can subscribe to our newsletter. You can read the pages of the project, check our FAQ, write on the project talk page, and join an online meeting with us.

Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (diskusjon) 24. jun. 2022 kl. 03:36 (CEST)

Results of Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 is out!Rediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

Hi, Greetings

The winners for Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 is announced!

We are happy to share with you winning images for this year's edition. This year saw over 8,584 images represented on commons in over 92 countries. Kindly see images here

Our profound gratitude to all the people who participated and organized local contests and photo walks for this project.

We hope to have you contribute to the campaign next year.

Thank you,

Wiki Loves Folklore International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 4. jul. 2022 kl. 18:12 (CEST)

Propose statements for the 2022 Election CompassRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi all,

Community members in the 2022 Board of Trustees election are invited to propose statements to use in the Election Compass.

An Election Compass is a tool to help voters select the candidates that best align with their beliefs and views. The community members will propose statements for the candidates to answer using a Lickert scale (agree/neutral/disagree). The candidates’ answers to the statements will be loaded into the Election Compass tool. Voters will use the tool by entering in their answer to the statements (agree/disagree/neutral). The results will show the candidates that best align with the voter’s beliefs and views.

Here is the timeline for the Election Compass
  • July 8 - 20: Community members propose statements for the Election Compass
  • July 21 - 22: Elections Committee reviews statements for clarity and removes off-topic statements
  • July 23 - August 1: Volunteers vote on the statements
  • August 2 - 4: Elections Committee selects the top 15 statements
  • August 5 - 12: candidates align themselves with the statements
  • August 15: The Election Compass opens for voters to use to help guide their voting decision

The Elections Committee will select the top 15 statements at the beginning of August. The Elections Committee will oversee the process, supported by the Movement Strategy and Governance team. MSG will check that the questions are clear, there are no duplicates, no typos, and so on.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) (talk) 14. jul. 2022 kl. 13:34 (CEST)

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 7Rediger

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 7, July-September 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the 7th issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News! The newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the implementation of Wikimedia's Movement Strategy recommendations, other relevant topics regarding Movement governance, as well as different projects and activities supported by the Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team of the Wikimedia Foundation.

The MSG Newsletter is delivered quarterly, while the more frequent Movement Strategy Weekly will be delivered weekly. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive future issues of this newsletter.

  • Movement sustainability: Wikimedia Foundation's annual sustainability report has been published. (continue reading)
  • Improving user experience: recent improvements on the desktop interface for Wikimedia projects. (continue reading)
  • Safety and inclusion: updates on the revision process of the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines. (continue reading)
  • Equity in decisionmaking: reports from Hubs pilots conversations, recent progress from the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, and a new white paper for futures of participation in the Wikimedia movement. (continue reading)
  • Stakeholders coordination: launch of a helpdesk for Affiliates and volunteer communities working on content partnership. (continue reading)
  • Leadership development: updates on leadership projects by Wikimedia movement organizers in Brazil and Cape Verde. (continue reading)
  • Internal knowledge management: launch of a new portal for technical documentation and community resources. (continue reading)
  • Innovate in free knowledge: high-quality audiovisual resources for scientific experiments and a new toolkit to record oral transcripts. (continue reading)
  • Evaluate, iterate, and adapt: results from the Equity Landscape project pilot (continue reading)
  • Other news and updates: a new forum to discuss Movement Strategy implementation, upcoming Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election, a new podcast to discuss Movement Strategy, and change of personnel for the Foundation's Movement Strategy and Governance team. (continue reading)

Thank you for reading! RamzyM (WMF) 18. jul. 2022 kl. 03:38 (CEST)

Announcing the six candidates for the 2022 Board of Trustees electionRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi everyone,

The Affiliate voting process has concluded. Representatives from each Affiliate organization learned about the candidates by reading candidates’ statements, reviewing candidates’ answers to questions, and considering the candidates’ ratings provided by the Analysis Committee. The selected 2022 Board of Trustees candidates are:

You may see more information about the Results and Statistics of this Board election.

Please take a moment to appreciate the Affiliate Representatives and Analysis Committee members for taking part in this process and helping to grow the Board of Trustees in capacity and diversity. These hours of volunteer work connect us across understanding and perspective. Thank you for your participation.

Thank you to the community members who put themselves forward as candidates for the Board of Trustees. Considering joining the Board of Trustees is no small decision. The time and dedication candidates have shown to this point speaks to their commitment to this movement. Congratulations to those candidates who have been selected. A great amount of appreciation and gratitude for those candidates not selected. Please continue to share your leadership with Wikimedia.

Thank you to those who followed the Affiliate process for this Board election. You may review the results of the Affiliate selection process.

The next part of the Board election process is the community voting period. You may view the Board election timeline here. To prepare for the community voting period, there are several things community members can engage with in the following ways:

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 27. jul. 2022 kl. 16:03 (CEST)

Vote for Election Compass StatementsRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi all,

Volunteers in the 2022 Board of Trustees election are invited to vote for statements to use in the Election Compass. You can vote for the statements you would like to see included in the Election Compass on Meta-wiki.

An Election Compass is a tool to help voters select the candidates that best align with their beliefs and views. The community members will propose statements for the candidates to answer using a Lickert scale (agree/neutral/disagree). The candidates’ answers to the statements will be loaded into the Election Compass tool. Voters will use the tool by entering in their answer to the statements (agree/disagree/neutral). The results will show the candidates that best align with the voter’s beliefs and views.

Here is the timeline for the Election Compass:

  • July 8 - 20: Volunteers propose statements for the Election Compass
  • July 21 - 22: Elections Committee reviews statements for clarity and removes off-topic statements
  • July 23 - August 1: Volunteers vote on the statements
  • August 2 - 4: Elections Committee selects the top 15 statements
  • August 5 - 12: candidates align themselves with the statements
  • August 15: The Election Compass opens for voters to use to help guide their voting decision

The Elections Committee will select the top 15 statements at the beginning of August

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 27. jul. 2022 kl. 23:01 (CEST)

Invitation to join the fifth Wikisource Triage meeting (18th August 2022)Rediger

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting the fifth Wikisource Triage meeting on 18th August 2022 at 4 PM UTC / 9:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll and also based on the previous feedback to have a Europe-Americas friendly meeting.

As always, you don't have to be a developer to participate in these meetings but the focus of these meetings is to improve the Wikisource infrastructure.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

Sam Wilson (WMF) and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 15. aug. 2022 kl. 17:05 (CEST)